9 Best Hostels in Minca Colombia for the Ultimate Stay
Are you looking for the best hostels in Minca, Colombia? I’m here to share my personal insights and recommendations on these fantastic accommodations that cater to a range of traveler preferences.
As a seasoned traveler and digital nomad, I’ve explored the hostels of Minca to bring you firsthand knowledge and insights. In this guide, you’ll discover the ideal hostels, whether you’re a solo adventurer, a couple seeking a romantic escape, a family in search of nature, or a budget-conscious traveler.
In this post, you’ll learn:
- The best hostels in Minca, each tailored to a specific type of traveler.
- How these hostels embrace sustainability and unique experiences.
- Where to find stunning views, refreshing river access, and eco-friendly amenities.
- The delightful features that make these hostels stand out.
- Why Minca, with its lush jungles, waterfalls, and organic coffee farms, should be your next travel destination.
Explore the best hostels in Minca, immerse yourself in their unique offerings, and set the stage for an unforgettable Colombian adventure.
Overview: The Best Hostels in Minca
- Best Hostel in Minca for Digital Nomads – Casa Loma Minca
- Best Hostel in Minca for Solo Travelers – Rio Elemento Ecolodge
- Best Family Friendly Hostel in Minca – Masaya Casas Viejas
- Best Hostel in Minca with a Pool – Mundo Nuevo Ecolodge
- Best Ecolodge in Minca – Finca Carpe Diem Ecolodge
- Runner-up: Best Ecolodge in Minca – Jungle Joe Ecolodge
- Best Hostel in Minca for Couples – Costeno River Minca
- Best Budget Hostel in Minca – Hostal Cocobomgo
- Best Boutique Hostel in Minca – Finca Hostal Bolivar – Casa Maracuya
The 9 Best Hostels in Minca Colombia
Best Hostel in Minca for Digital Nomads – Casa Loma Minca
- Hammock Cost – Starting at $8 USD per night
- Dorm Room Cost – Starting at $20 USD per night
- Private Room Cost – Starting at $25 USD per night
- Highlights – Work Spaces, Outdoor Terrace, Nature, Good Vibes
Discover the ultimate Minca haven for digital nomads – Casa Loma Minca.
Picture this: You’re perched atop a wooden hillside house with a view that could compete with the world’s best sunsets. Above Minca, Santa Marta, and the sea, while being cradled by the Sierra Nevada mountains and lush forests. It’s breathtaking.
Located in the Heart of the World, Casa Loma, an 800-meter-high retreat, hides just a 10-minute walk from downtown Minca. A hidden paradise that embodies the region’s vibrant multiculturalism.
Forget walls; here, you’re in the open air, with wellness and dynamism in mind. Casa Loma offers vibrant colors, cultural diversity, and countless opportunities to connect with nature. Want to embrace the Sierra Nevada’s magic, delve into Colombian coffee culture, or take in a mesmerizing sunset? Casa Loma’s got you covered.
Experience yoga classes, ancestral workshops, and the soothing sounds of nature. It’s your chance to create memories, smile, and truly live in the moment. So, why wait?
Best Hostel in Minca for Solo Travelers – Rio Elemento Ecolodge
- Dorm Room Cost – Starting at $9 USD per night
- Private Room Cost – Starting at $24 USD per night
- Highlights – Nature, Swimming Pool, Bar & Restaurant, Free Breakfast
Explore the perfect Minca haven for solo travelers – Rio Elemento Ecolodge.
Located alongside the serene waters of Minca’s main river, just a short walk downstream from the renowned ‘Pozo Azul’ waterfalls, Rio Elemento Ecolodge offers the ideal retreat. You’re a mere 5-minute stroll from the town center, where a world of restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and transport offices awaits.
Perched atop 2 hectares of lush tropical gardens, this villa is a gem. Enjoy a 30-meter swimming pool, a well-stocked bar, and a restaurant to satisfy your taste buds. Unwind in giant hammocks, stay connected with WiFi, bask in the sun on the poolside, or find your inner zen on the yoga deck. Hot showers, en-suite dorms, and English and Spanish-speaking staff make your stay a breeze.
From mountain biking to hiking, Rio Elemento is your gateway to adventure in Minca. It’s more than a hostel; it’s your home away from home for solo exploration.
Best Family Friendly Hostel in Minca – Masaya Casas Viejas
- Dorm Room Cost – Starting at $11 USD per night
- Private Room Cost – Starting at $44 USD per night
- Highlights – Kid-Friendly Private Rooms, Pool, Bar & Restaurant, Nature
Looking for the ultimate family-friendly haven in the heart of the Sierra Nevada? Masaya Casas Viejas is the spot!
Nestled on the renowned finca La Victoria, one of the largest coffee farms in Northern Colombia, this rustic retreat is just 30 minutes from Minca and 20 kilometers from Santa Marta. Embracing the charm of traditional coffee haciendas, their cozy accommodations provide a serene atmosphere with breathtaking mountain vistas, perfect for families and nature enthusiasts.
Indulge in delectable cuisine, featuring a blend of local and international flavors, and savor handcrafted local beers from their Jungle Bar. They’re not just a place to stay; they’re your gateway to a world of adventure. Join them for outdoor and cultural activities like hiking, bird-watching, and coffee factory tours to immerse yourself in the luxuriant nature of La Victoria farm.
For relaxation, treat yourself to traditional indigenous massages or invigorate your day with morning yoga sessions deep in the jungle. Masaya Casas Viejas is also the ideal starting point for your hike to Cerro Kennedy, where you can witness the awe-inspiring snowy peaks of the Sierra Nevada. Your family’s journey into nature and culture begins here.
Best Hostel in Minca with a Pool – Mundo Nuevo Ecolodge
- Dorm Room Cost – Starting at $22 USD per night
- Private Room Cost – Starting at $50 USD per night
- Highlights – Pool, Nature, Sustainability, Bar & Restaurant
Dive into the natural wonderland of Mundo Nuevo Ecolodge, the best hostel in Minca with a refreshing pool.
Located in the bio-diverse Sierra Nevada mountains, their farm-hostel is a unique space where you can bask in the splendor of nature’s marvels. Here, you’ll not only enjoy your stay but also discover the secrets of environmental sustainability, organic farming, and indigenous culture. With a backdrop of lush valleys, mountains, and the Caribbean Sea, this old coffee farm-turned-hostel is all about preserving its original charm while ensuring your comfort.
Relax in a large communal room with comfy sofas and hammocks. But Mundo Nuevo is more than just a place to stay; it’s a sustainability museum in the making. They aim to educate, debate, and create a collective impact. Explore fruit trees, vegetable gardens, indigenous huts, and numerous mountain trails. Your stay not only supports their sustainability goals but also contributes to a shared cause.
With dormitories, cozy double, triple, and quadruple rooms (most with en-suite facilities), Mundo Nuevo promises breathtaking views of the Sierra, hammocks perched for your enjoyment, and a pool to cool off. Make your visit a part of something greater, where you not only relax but also learn, debate, and contribute to a sustainable future.
Best Ecolodge in Minca – Finca Carpe Diem Ecolodge
- Dorm Room Cost – Starting at $12 USD per night
- Private Room Cost – Starting at $36 USD per night
- Highlights – Pool, Restaurant, Nature, Daily Activities
Explore the hidden ecological paradise of Finca Carpe Diem Ecolodge, the ultimate retreat for nature enthusiasts.
Located in Paso del Mango, near Minca, this gem offers an escape into lush forests, where tranquility reigns supreme. With three inviting swimming pools, boundless forest views, and direct river access from the house, it’s a haven for relaxation and hiking.
Set off on various hikes, whether guided or solo, ranging from short walks to long adventures. Additionally, indulge in yoga classes, soothing massages, and farm-to-table meals that nourish the soul.
Carpe Diem’s facilities are thoughtfully arranged amidst nature’s embrace, with ample open spaces between rooms and communal areas. Here, the absence of neighbors, bars, or restaurants (except their own) ensures peace, while minimal traffic guarantees a serene atmosphere.
Geographically part of Minca, their precise location lies in the village of Paso del Mango, a tropical valley adorned with two rivers. Experience the same stunning landscapes as Minca but with fewer people and unspoiled nature, making it an inspiring retreat for eco-conscious travelers.
Runner-up: Best Ecolodge in Minca – Jungle Joe Ecolodge
- Dorm Room Cost – Starting at $11 USD per night
- Private Room Cost – Starting at $29 USD per night
- Highlights – Eco-Friendly, Restaurant, Social Areas, Free Breakfast
Introducing Jungle Joe Ecolodge, the worthy runner-up for the title of the Best Ecolodge in Minca.
This stunning bamboo construction offers an eco-friendly haven with awe-inspiring mountain views. Located just 500 meters from Minca, it’s immersed in the heart of the forest, close to a river, enchanting waterfalls, and natural pools.
Jungle Joe is committed to sustainability. They operate entirely on 100% solar energy, use septic tanks treated with eco-friendly bacteria, avoid plastics and chemicals within their facilities, and even convert organic waste into biogas for their kitchen while producing organic fertilizer.
Accommodations include 26 beds spread across 7 rooms, with a mix of double and shared rooms. The lodge features comfortable communal spaces, an open-air kitchen, and a restaurant run by the owner, serving a menu crafted from regional products.
With over 15 years of experience, Jungle Joe is a leader in tourism activities. They offer birdwatching, hiking, coffee and cocoa tours, and forest walks, making your Minca adventure unforgettable. Enjoy open-air dining, spacious social areas, Wi-Fi, balconies, and cozy beds – everything you need for a memorable eco-friendly stay.
Best Hostel in Minca for Couples – Costeno River Minca
- Dorm Room Cost – Starting at $15 USD per night
- Private Room Cost – Starting at $39 USD per night
- Highlights – Pool, Nature, Free Breakfast, Common Areas
Experience a magical escape for couples at Costeno River Minca, the best hostel in Minca for a romantic retreat.
Set against the backdrop of Minca’s breathtaking natural beauty, this serene haven is all about savoring nature while contributing to its preservation. Just one kilometer from town, it offers fantastic bird-watching opportunities in a tranquil, rural environment.
The views from Costeno River are nothing short of stunning, and the evenings come alive with bonfires beneath a starlit sky, whisking you away from the hustle and bustle of your everyday life.
Relax and connect in the picturesque, cozy common area, taking in the panoramic scenery, listening to the birds’ melodies, and the soothing river’s sounds. Here, you can forget about the busyness of your daily routine and enjoy everything that Minca has to offer.
Conveniently located just one kilometer from town, it’s close enough to enjoy a drink at a local bar or savor a fine dining experience. Yet, it’s far enough to let you immerse yourself in a tranquil and nature-surrounded setting, with the river just a stone’s throw away from their doorstep. To find them, simply take the road next to the Café Minca and follow the signs posted on the trees. Your romantic escape in Minca awaits!
Best Budget Hostel in Minca – Hostal Cocobomgo
- Dorm Room Cost – Starting at $7 USD per night
- Private Room Cost – Starting at $25 USD per night
- Highlights – Budget, Within Minca Town
Discover the top pick for budget travelers in Minca – Hostal Cocobomgo.
At Hostal Cocobomgo, your well-being and peace of mind are their top priorities, with all the necessary protocols in place.
This family-friendly hostel offers simple, yet comfortable rooms housed in a charming old colonial building in the Casino sector of Minca. Despite being small in size, it boasts a fantastic and welcoming atmosphere, ensuring a memorable stay.
Minca, known for its stunning waterfalls and organic coffee farms, is where Hostal Cocobomgo calls home. Find them just up the street from the police station. Conveniently, they are only a 45-minute drive from the enchanting natural pools of ‘Blue Well,’ an hour’s walk from the cascades of Marinca, and just a two-hour trek from the breathtaking Mirador de los Pinos. It’s the perfect base for budget-conscious travelers looking to explore the natural wonders of Minca.
Best Boutique Hostel in Minca – Finca Hostal Bolivar – Casa Maracuya
- Dorm Room Cost – Starting at $8 USD per night
- Private Room Cost – Starting at $20 USD per night
- Highlights – Boutique, Kitchen, Nature, Digital Nomads
Embrace the essence of boutique luxury at Finca Hostal Bolivar – Casa Maracuya, the best boutique hostel in Minca.
Perched directly on the banks of the Rio Gaira, you can take a refreshing dip in the river to cool off after a scorching day. Surprisingly, Casa Maracuya is only a 5-minute stroll from Minca, yet it feels like you’re already deep within the lush jungle.
Casa Maracuya’s charms are abundant:
- Private River Access: Take a serene, private soak in the river at your leisure.
- Private Viewpoint: A mere 10-minute walk from Casa Maracuya, you can ascend to the top of Finca Bolivar for breathtaking views.
- Expansive Wooden Terrace: Delight in a wooden terrace offering mesmerizing river vistas.
- Fully-Equipped Kitchen: Whip up your favorite dishes in their well-appointed kitchen.
- Shed with Fireplace and Grill: Cozy up by the fireplace and savor grilled delights.
- Hot Showers: Enjoy hot showers in all rooms for your comfort.
- High-Speed WIFI: Stay connected with free high-speed WIFI, ideal for working nomads.
Casa Maracuya is the epitome of boutique comfort and natural beauty, ensuring a memorable stay in the heart of Minca’s lush jungles.
Why Should You Travel to Minca Colombia
- Spectacular Natural Beauty: Located in the lush Sierra Nevada mountains, Minca is a paradise for nature lovers. The region boasts pristine waterfalls, vibrant jungles, and refreshing rivers. It’s an idyllic escape from the hustle and bustle of urban life.
- Coffee Culture: Minca is home to numerous coffee farms where you can learn about the coffee-making process, from bean to cup. Sip on freshly brewed Colombian coffee while taking in breathtaking views of coffee plantations.
- Birdwatching Paradise: With over 300 bird species, including toucans and hummingbirds, Minca is a birdwatcher’s dream. The Sierra Nevada mountains offer diverse habitats for birdwatching enthusiasts.
- Outdoor Adventures: From hiking to Pozo Azul and Cerro Kennedy to exploring the cascades of Marinca, Minca offers a wide range of outdoor activities for adventurers. Enjoy everything from hiking to river tubing.
- Cultural Immersion: Minca is a place to immerse yourself in the local culture and traditions. Visit local markets, interact with friendly locals, and savor traditional Colombian dishes.
- Relaxation and Tranquility: The town’s peaceful ambiance and stunning landscapes make it an ideal spot for relaxation. Whether you’re reading a book by the river or enjoying a yoga session, you’ll find serenity here.
- Eco-Friendly Practices: Minca is dedicated to eco-friendly practices and sustainability. Many businesses aim to protect the environment and contribute to the well-being of the local community.
- Off the Beaten Path: Minca remains a relatively undiscovered gem in Colombia, allowing travelers to escape the crowds and enjoy an authentic, unspoiled experience.
- Stargazing: The clear night skies in Minca offer exceptional stargazing opportunities. Find a quiet spot and gaze at the stars for a magical end to your day.
In Minca, you’ll find a perfect blend of adventure, relaxation, and natural beauty. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast, a coffee connoisseur, or simply looking to escape urban life, Minca offers an unforgettable experience that will leave you with lasting memories of Colombia’s natural wonders.
One-Day Minca Itinerary
8:00 AM – Breakfast at Your Hostel Kickstart your day with a hearty breakfast at your hostel. Many hostels in Minca offer fresh and delicious morning meals. Fuel up for your day of exploration.
9:00 AM – Hike to Pozo Azul Start your day with a hike to Pozo Azul, a series of stunning natural pools and waterfalls. The trail is around 30 minutes from the center of Minca. Enjoy a refreshing swim in the crystal-clear waters, surrounded by lush jungle.
12:00 PM – Local Cuisine Head back to town for a traditional Colombian lunch at one of the local eateries. Try an arepa, empanada, or sancocho for a taste of the region’s flavors.
1:30 PM – La Victoria Coffee Farm Embark on a guided tour of La Victoria Coffee Farm, one of the largest and most famous coffee farms in the region. Learn about the coffee-making process from bean to cup, and enjoy a freshly brewed cup of Colombian coffee.
3:30 PM – Relax and Explore Minca Spend the late afternoon exploring Minca’s charming streets. Visit local shops, art galleries, and bakeries. Don’t forget to taste fresh local coffee or indulge in a dessert at a café.
6:00 PM – Dinner with a View Enjoy dinner with a view at one of the many restaurants overlooking the Sierra Nevada mountains. Savor local cuisine while the sun sets over the picturesque landscape.
8:00 PM – Stargazing and Relaxation Wrap up your day by taking in the incredible night sky. Head to a viewpoint or your hostel’s terrace for some stargazing. Minca offers excellent opportunities for observing the stars in their full glory.
- Minca has a cooler climate, so bring a light jacket or sweater, especially for the evening.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes for hiking and exploring.
- Carry cash, as some places may not accept credit cards.
In just one day, you can experience the natural beauty, coffee culture, and relaxed atmosphere that make Minca a hidden gem in Colombia. Enjoy your adventure!
So that is our guide on the 9 best hostels in Minca based on your travel situation with various hostel and eco-lodge options for all budgets and travel styles. These are based on our personal experience and extensive research done while traveling through Colombia on multiple occasions!
In the off chance you still can’t decide, we recommend Casa Loma Minca!